1) IASO National Association Membership
IASO is an umbrella organisation of member organisations in over 50 countries world wide representing scientists, medical and health professional working in the field of obesity research, clinical management and education.
Association membership involves an annual subscription based on the rate of US$5 per individual member of your association.
This entitles your members to:
- Discounted registration fees to IASO events including International Congress on Obesity (ICO), SCOPE educational course, other conferences and events.
- Discounted subscription rates for the three official IASO journals International Journal of Obesity, Obesity Reviews and International Journal of Pediatric Obesity
- Special discounted subscription rates for the journal Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
- Opportunities to be nominated for IASO's International Awards for Excellence
- Opportunities to apply for IASO Traveling Fellowship Awards
- Access to international policies, project updates and statistics on obesity
- Access to the SCOPE online learning course and educational material
- International news and events calendar
- Opportunities for global networking with experts in the field of obesity
- Membership of the on line “Obesity International” network with the latest online obesity information at www.iaso.org
How to apply:
In order to affiliate to IASO, a formal request should be submitted, accompanied by the following documents (in English):
- a copy of the affiliating society's governing documents (eg constitution)
- details of the Executive Committee members
- the number of members of the Association
- a description of the society's activities
Previous applicants have included samples of their newsletters/journals and congress or education meeting materials.
The application is reviewed by the IASO Membership Committee and is subject to ratification by the IASO Executive Committee.
2) To Individuals
For any individual who wants to become an IASO member, you need to join your IASO national association in order to become an IASO member. To find the contact details for the IASO national association in your country see National Associations list.
If there is no IASO national Association in your country, you can apply for IASO individual membership scheme. However as soon as an IASO national association is established in your country, you are required to join the national association. Please note that the individual membership scheme is not open to people from the countries where an IASO national association exists.
Individual membership fee of US$15 per annum is charged.
How to apply:
To apply for IASO individual membership, you need to provide the following:
- Your CV
- Evidence of your qualification (ie, certified copies of degree certificates)
- Evidence of your professional publications and achievements
- Personal ID (a copy of your current passport, the photo page and the issue date, expire date, passport number etc must be included)
- Two referees (they must be well qualified medical professionals, ie. University professor or head of the hospital you work). The reference must be written on the official headed paper and should have contact information on it for verification.
Once all the above information has been received, your application will be submitted to the IASO membership committee for consideration. Any queries or further information needed will be communicated to you. Once the committee is satisfied with your application, their decision will be submitted to the Executive committee, who holds their meetings twice a year, for ratification.
The speed of the decision very much depends on the completeness and the satisfaction of your application documents.
For further enquires, please send an email to: email@example.com and put on the subject line “IASO membership enquiry”.