The International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO) and The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) presented a new Hot Topic Conference on:
'Diabetes, Obesity and You'
18 October 2013
Venue: 20 Cavendish Square
London, W1G ORN, UK
Are you confident that you know all about:
• Why are obesity and diabetes so closely linked?
• Genes, ethnicity and all that jazz!
• Pre-diabetes/preventing progression
• Impact of lifestyle interventions (high level effects of different types of
programme but not details of treatment)
• How to motivate the obese diabetic to lose weight
• Management of the obese type 1and 2 diabetic
• Bariatric surgery in the obese type 2 diabetic
• Managing the childhood and adolescent diabesity
If the answer to any of these questions is NO then this is the conference for you.
A full day of talks, discussions and workshops covering a range of topics to help you to increase your knowledge and support patients more effectively.
This meeting will be of interest to nurses, in all settings but in particular those working in primary care and acute wards where managing obese patients who also have diabetes can be a particular challenge, along with Allied Health professionals, GP’s and their Commissioners.
This educational event was kindly sponsored by Bristol Myers-Squibb and AstraZeneca.