The 11th International Congress on Obesity has been a successful congress.
Over 2,300 registered delegates and a total of 1,600 abstracts were submitted for this congress categorised under five tracks:
• Basic sciences
• Experimental Medicineand Physiology
• Treatment and Comorbidities
• Epidemiology, Diet, Activity and Behaviour
• Public Health and Policy
The Congress Guide is now available online for your consultation. Please see here to view a copy.
Download the ICO 2010 podcast to hear a selection of speaker interviews.
The interviewees (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Berit Heitmann, Director of Research and Head of the Research Unit for Dietary Studies, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
- Dr. Lauren Lissner, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Dr. Francesco Branca, Director of the Department of Nutrition for Health and Development at WHO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr. Alexandra Johnstone, Metabolic Health Group, Rowett Research Institute, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Dr. Ulf Riserus, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Dr. Jonatan Ruiz, Unit of Preventive Nutrition, Department of Bioscience and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Dr. Marije Van Koperen, Department of Health Sciences, Section Prevention and Public Health, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Alison Hardy, Change4Life Behaviour Change Planning Lead, UK Department of Health
This podcast is an IASO/EUFIC (The European Food Information Council) collaboration to increase the outreach of new knowledge in the field of obesity research.
For more information on the European Food Information Council please visit their website.