Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
- We are only able to accept abstracts submitted online
- All abstracts should be written in English
- Abstracts should include the Background, Aims, Key Methods, Results and Conclusions (section headings are not required)
- Abstracts should contain new data or analyses/ trial protocols
- The maximum word count is 250 – this includes the body of the text and tables
- The submission fee is £16 (approx US$25/ 82MYR) per abstract; this is non-refundable
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the International Scientific Committee (ISC) whose decisions will be sent to you in mid-December
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are expected to register for, and attend, the Conference
- Submitters are asked to select the session that best fits the topic of their abstract: to view the sessions please see here
- The deadline for abstracts submitted for consideration for Awards is the 30th October 2013
- The deadline for the submission of all other abstracts is the 21st November 2013
Conflict of Interest and Funding Disclosure
Authors should disclose any conflicts of interest and funding sources at the foot of the abstract.
Abstracts will be published in the journal Obesity Reviews, as a supplement. A copy of the abstract book (electronic or hard copy) will be provided to all registered delegates.
- Abstracts will be accepted for Poster Presentations or as 15 minute Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations will be within a structured Symposia on the topic
- Poster authors are expected to stand by their poster during its scheduled presentation time
- Authors will be notified of the outcome of the ISC review in mid-December 2013, prior to the early bird registration deadline
- Further information on presentation will be provided at this time
SCOPE accreditation is available for all who attend the Congress. The Congress will also be CME and CPD accredited. A certificate of attendance and of SCOPE Points will be issued to those requiring documentation.
An acknowledgement via e-mail will be sent to confirm receipt of an abstract. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within three days of your submission, please contact the ICO 2014 Secretariat at email@example.com.