Industry Sponsored Symposia
Industry Sponsored Satellite Symposia are sessions that are planned and conducted by the corporate community in conjunction with ICO 2014. They provide attendees with additional education/informational opportunities but are not part of the officical ICO 2014 scientific programme content.
Tuesday 18th March 2014
17:30 - 19:00 - Cambridge Weight Plan
Evidence based weight loss and maintenance with formula diet
• To review the evidence for cost-effective weight loss, determine whether the level of evidence merits inclusion in clinical guidelines, and identify further research needs
• To review the evidence for improved nutritional status while losing weight with formula diet, determine whether the changes seen are clinically advantageous, and identify further research needs
• To review the evidence for the use of formula diet to achieve weight loss in Malaysia, discuss practical experience and define further research needs
• To examine the evidence for a potential role for a defined amount of weight-loss as first line treatment in type 2 diabetes mellitus, define research needs and determine costs and benefits of such treatment
More details available here.
Wednesday 19th March 2014
07:45 - 09:00 - Nature Publishing Group
How to get your paper published
This session will be hosted by the Editors of the International Journal of Obesity and will provide invaluable information for prospective authors including:
• How to pick an appropriate outlet for publication
• How to draft and finalise a manuscript for publication
• Ethical considerations
• How the peer review process works
• Key features sought by the Editor and how to interpret their response
There will be ample time for attendees to ask the Editors questions at the end of the session.